As my nails were in desperate need to be painted, I took the opportunity to experiment with a different technique, in comparison to my usual bog-standard one colour coat.
As the ombre "dip-dye" effect is very popular at the moment, I thought I would try creating this look on my nails!
For this particular nail look I combined three colours which were different shades within a colour group. I chose to keep the brighter shade at the bottom of the nail and decided to gradually get darker towards the top!
In order to add more drama, I added a glitter top to the very ends of the nails.
Products used:- Base coat; Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat, Lightest shade; Cheeky Chops 240 by N07, Middle shade; OMP! by Nails Inc, Darkest shade; (random nail polish,) Glitter colour; Excuse Moi! OPI Muppets Collection.
You will also need a small sponge, or an old make up applicator that you have lying around (what I used.)
- Step 1 - Apply base coat to protect nails from staining.
- Step 2 - Apply an even opaque coat of the lightest polish.
- Step 3 - Once nails are completely dry, use your mini sponge to lightly dab on the middle colour to the top half of your nails.
- Step 4 - Once nails are completely dry again, dab on the darkest shade to the very tops of your nails, making sure there's a gradual ombre effect.
- Step 5 (optional) - If you want to add extra drama to your nails apply a glitter polish in the same way previously to the very tips of your nails.
- Step 6 - Tidy up where necessary by applying more polish to improve the effect.
- Final step - Apply a top coat in order to seal in your design to prevent it from chipping and to create a shiny finish.
- Hope you enjoyed! Here's a few snaps of when I went out the other night to celebrate my friends birthday! Make up wise I chose to create a teal smokey look.
- (Fab night out, excuse the weirdo in the pic haha!)